While we encourage writers to submit to us, we do want you to have the chance of being accepted for publication. Our guidelines are very straightforward. Please take the time to ensure you follow our submission guidelines.
- We only accept new, never before published works
- When attaching the manuscript, make sure it is only the manuscript
- Do not include cover letters or bios in your manuscript
- A short synopsis area is provided, please use it
- Do not supply a long synopsis, keep it under 250 words
- Only submit once
- Do not use "special" fonts
- Short story submissions should be between 3,000 to 15,000 words (no exceptions)
- Do not use footers or headers
- Do not use tabs in the submitted manuscript
- Section breaks should be clearly marked with three ~ (tildes)
We attempt to contact every author who submits to us. Please understand that it can take as long as three months after submission end depending on how many submissions we receive.
Once accepted, your manuscript will go through three editing steps:
- Spelling / Grammar / Punctuation
Your manuscript will stay true to the language you submit in. We want your voice in the work, so great care is taken during the editing stages. Keep in mind the work must adhere to proper spelling and grammar to be publishable.
You will be expected to supply an author picture upon acceptance with a resolution of 300 dpi.
Note: The Unbound Anthology deals with the specific genre of Science Fiction and Fantasy. All submissions must have the anthology theme very clear in order to qualify for the chance of publication.
Submissions for the Unbound Anthology are now closed for 2017.
We will open submissions for the next Unbound: A Sharp Sword on June 1st, 2018 in the genre of Fantasy.
Note: Urban Fantasy will not be accepted for this edition.